SERVINGS: 17 cm [6.7 in] diameter chiffon cake
65g rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
30cc olive oil
a dash of vanilla oil
1. Sift rice flour and baking powder twice
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, whisk until sugar has dissolved and become white
3. Add olive oil, milk and vanilla oil
4. Add sifted flour and mix well
5. In another bowl, beat the egg whites until frothy.
6. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks
7. Using silicone spatula, fold in 1/2 of meringue and gently fold with egg yolk until slightly combined. Fold in the rest of meringue and gently fold until well combined.
8. Pour it into cake pan, and gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 30 mins.
10.Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.
Tips: to cool the cake,invert the pan onto the neck of a wine bottle. Let cake cool, suspended on the bottle, for 1 hour!