Recipe by Keiko Onodera
1 piece ginger (sliced)
200 g beef (sliced and cut into 3cm)
1 onion (sliced)
1 carrot (sliced)
400 g potatoes (3cm cube)
8 french beans
50 ml red wine
400 ml vegetable stock
50 ml soy sauce
3 tbsp. sugar
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper
1. Heat a saucepan and put cooking oil and ginger. Add beef to saute. Once beef is browned, add onion, carrot and potatoes.
2. When the vegetables get color slightly, add red wine and vegetable stock at high heat. Once it boiled, turn the heat down to medium and skim well. Cook for about 15 minutes with a drop-lid.
3. Add soy sauce continue to cook until liquid is reduced 1/5.
4. At the same time, blanch french beans and cut into 3 cm length.
5. Serve with cooked french beans.